Highlight: Top 5 Mistakes Made By Employers When Dismissing
There is a great article in Personnel Today regarding the top mistakes made by employers when dismissing their employees. Ill let you read the article yourself, but to summarise:
- Not making the reasons for dismissal clear enough
- Telling them the incorrect reason for dismissal
- Ignoring medical reports This one is often forgotten about
- Focusing on incriminating evidence and ignoring supporting evidence
- Failing to conduct a proper appeal
Any of these can get you into to series trouble as an employer. If you are unsure, seek advice before going into disciplinary meetings.